Features At A Glance
- Digital range, scalable from 5NM to 1NM
- Relative altitude, scalable from ±5000 ft to ±500 ft, with ascending/descending indicator
- Menu-driven interface
- A built-in altimeter provides the highest, real-time accuracy available
- Displays the local squawk code and altitude
- Audio alerts for threats and advisories
- Installation kits are available
- Super-bright red LED display is easily read, even in direct sunlight, and can be dimmed for night use
- Indestructible polycarbonate semi-translucent housing ensures cooler operating temperatures on the glare shield, even in direct sunlight (no burning your hands as with metal enclosures)
Why would you fly without traffic info?
Don't let the tiny size fool you. Sure, it's small. At 2.5” (65mm) W x 4.2” (107mm) D x 0.6” (17mm) H, MRX is smaller than a deck of cards. But don't confuse its size with its capabilities. MRX uses an easy menu-driven interface and audio annunciations for traffic advisories and alerts. The unit boasts a built in solid-state altimeter for "always relative" altitude information, and built-in temperature compensators and overtemp protection. Information is displayed on the high-brightness LED display (dimmable). MRX also monitors aircraft bus voltage and host transponder output.
It's no wonder MRX has fast become the best-selling collision avoidance system in aviation.
MRX displays range and relative altitude of the closest threat, with continuous monitoring of the top 10 threats within the 5 NM scalable detection window. Altitude detection is scalable up to +/- 5000 ft. The unit is powered by aircraft power (12-40 VDC adapter included) or 2 "AA" Batteries (with 8+ hours of use).
In addition to the display, traffic that gets too close for comfort sets off two levels of alerts: a traffic advisory and ultimately, a traffic alert. Both levels are announced both visually and audibly. MRX contains a built-in beeper for in-cabin alerting.
Get alerts directly through your headset with our new audio output feature and audio cable, included with every MRX. Easy to use, the simple cable allows you to hear the advisory and alert tone through your headset or intercom system.
Attention-getting without being annoying, both alerts can be instantly muted with the mute button. After all, what good is a device you learn to tune out or ignore?
Tough as nails
The MRX housing has been reengineered using state-of-the-art polycarbonate material capable of taking abuse and keep on working. In fact, the material is so tough that after repeated drops from 15 feet, MRX kept on working without so much as a scratch. And the smoke-color semi-translucent material looks great sitting on your glareshield.
Everything you need is included!
- Dash-mount unit
- Stub antenna
- Cigarette-lighter adaptor
- 2 "AA" Batteries
- Velcro mounting dots
- Silicone "gripper" feet 50-page Owner's Manual
NEW! Audio cable for headset alerts
Note: MRX is not compatible for use in pressurized aircraft. MRX incorporates a built-in altimeter to help determine local altitude and will not function properly in a pressurized cabin.