Fly Direct-to or Nearest When You Need It
D2 features a worldwide airport database that enables our signature Direct-to and Nearest routing so you can fly straight to the airport/waypoint of your choice or find the nearest airport if you need to land quickly. Simply press and hold the dedicated buttons on the side of the watch to quickly access these features. D2 allows you to view your route on a moving map display, or follow the HSI to your destination. By setting user-defined waypoints, you can also easily navigate to any location not included in the database. You can even create Mark on Target waypoints so you can easily reference locations you fly over.
Portable Avionics. Now in a Wrist-worn Package.
• Direct-to and Nearest buttons that utilize a worldwide airport database
• Altimeter with adjustable baro setting and compass
• Displays multiple time zones with Zulu/UTC reference
• Various timers and vibrating alerts for inflight task reminders
• Wirelessly receives flight plan from Garmin Pilot™ and controls VIRB™
Quickly Access the Data You Desire
Easily customize the displays on the pilot watch to quickly access the data that’s most important to you. Access your current GPS ground speed, GPS track, distance from waypoints/airports, estimated time enroute, bearing, glide ratio and much more.
Set Timers and Vibrating Alerts
D2 goes beyond merely telling you local time by also showing you Zulu/UTC time along with up to 4 different time zones of your choosing. Enable the stopwatch when you land to keep tabs on your “time off,” and set timers with vibrating alerts to remind you of important tasks like switching fuel tanks.
Receive Flight Plans from Garmin Pilot
Conveniently build flight plans and create waypoints within the Garmin Pilot app on your compatible Bluetooth (BLE) device and easily upload them to D2. With only a few button presses, you’ll be able to navigate from waypoint-to-waypoint all the way to your destination.
Control VIRB Action Cameras
The VIRB action camera can capture your flights in stunning HD quality. Mount one around your aircraft, then use D2 to wirelessly start and stop recording, view elapsed time, or tell it when to capture still shots. D2 can even control multiple VIRB Elite cameras at the same time, so you can capture the action from multiple angles.
Physical & Performance
• Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.9" x 1.9" x .7" (4.9 x 4.9 x 1.7 cm)
• Display size, WxH: 1.2" (3.1 cm) diameter
• Display resolution, WxH: 70 x 70 pixels
• Display type: transflective, monochrome, negative mode LCD
• Weight: 2.9 oz. (82 g)
• Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
• Battery life: up to 50 hours (GPS mode); 2 weeks (sensor mode); 5 weeks (watch mode)
• Waterproof: yes (50m)
• Floats: no
• High-sensitivity receiver: yes
• Interface: USB
Maps & Memory
• Basemap: yes
• Preloaded maps: worldwide basemap
• Ability to add maps: no
• Built-in memory: 20 MB
• Accepts data cards: no
• Waypoints/favorits/locations: 1000
• Routes: 50
• Track log: 10,000 points, 100 saved tracks
Features & Benefits
• Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): no
• Electric compass: yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
• Touchscreen: no
• Barometric altimeter: yes
• Camera: no
Watch functions: time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, chimes and vibration
This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.